playjazzloud sessions vol 94 [vinyl digging]

I spent the weekend digitizing a bunch of new records I've been picking up over the last month on my travels around the usual LA stores. A lovely Max Roach find I've been hoping to come across plus more music from Ahmed Jamal an artist that I'm getting more and more into. A cool version of Little Sunflower comes from Jerke Kluge's Deep Jazz combo that I heard on the latest Hedonist sessions plus a new collaboration from MixCloud's always point duo UniverSouLove and the Hedonist. A fantastic version of Marvin Gaye from Pharaoh Sanders that I'd never heard before and was kinda taken aback when I was digitizing the album I picked up as it's right at the end.
Anyway. Enjoy.

PJL Intro
Kool and the Gang - Summer Madness Live (Onur Engin Edit)
Ahmad Jamal - Emily
The Hedonist & UniverSouLove - Johnny zzz
Max Roach & Abbey Lincoln - Malindy
Ralph Thomas - Big spliff
Miles Davis - The man with the horn
Jerker Kluge's Deep Jazz - Little Sunflower
Sun Ra - Space is the place (Mike Huckaby Reel-to-reel edit)
Emanative & Ahmed Abdullah - Lions of Judah
Pharaoh Sanders - Got to give it up
Mr. Beatnick - What's going on Reconstruction (Shhhhhh)
Bobby Boyd Congress - In a strange land
Chico Hamilton - Conquistadores '74
The Internet - Love song
The Internet - Lincoln
Portico Quartet - Spinner
Jeb Loy Nichols - Ain't it funny tape
Beirut - The rip tide
PJL Outro

0 comments: