playjazzloud sessions Vol. 39



It's the second Sunday of the month and that means it's another playjazzloud exclusive for Basement Sessions Podacst. I got some great "shout outs" from the Basement Sessions crew so check them out in the mix and also if you haven't noticed already I've got a couple of new PJL show jingles curtsey of DJ Chris Cho from Hong Kong, if you're in town be sure to check out his great sets around town. Sad news about the passing of the great Guru, might not be the most well known Gangstar track but I'm starting the show with a track that I played constantly back in the 90s while DJing. Look out for the Trentemoller track at the end, I've known him more for smooth electro "Naked Music" house sounds but it looks like here's a different direction for him and it's a welcome one. Also folks I'm looking for some good alternatives for embedable audio players that come with a visual play counter, any ideas? Listen to this week's mix below or download from here. Enjoy.

Dream Warriors ft. Gangstar - I've lost my ignorance (and don't know where to find it)
Mica Paris - I should've known better
Nickodemus - Sun People
Pomplamoose - Nature Boy
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Better things to do
Community People - Education rap (DJ Spinna Edit)
Erykah Badu - Window seat
Colm K & The Freestyle Mellowship ft Elaine Dowling - Basics
Los Aldeanos - Pasa el borrador
Gabriela Montero - Prelude Op. 17 No. 3 in D-Flat Major
Champain - How bout us (Hawk Re-Edit)
Alberto Iglesias - Werewolf
Trentemoller - Sycamore Feeling
Broken Bells - Mongrel Heart

runtime just under an hour.

0 comments: