playjazzloud basement sessions #9



I'm dropping a mid week throw down as I think I will be skipping next week's mix to catch up on a bunch of stuff before the end of the summer in order to hit the ground running in September.

Today's mix is a basement session, which I usually drop more hiphop/urban vibe but it's a flip the script mix here with a heavy jazz flavour, hope it doesn't disappoint. I've got some Ahmad Jamal, Clifford Jordan, Horace Silver as well as a couple of great re-rubs I found on SoundCloud for Minnie Ripperton and Brenton Wood. Follow the links and download those two tracks directly if you dig 'em. Some new music to drop as well from Aloe Blacc (his new album is going big), Diesler, GP's Havana Cultura remix project as well as something fresh from the Schema camp with Gerardo Frisina. Once we cross summer there's usually a lot more new music dropping, if anyone is feeling anything in particular let me know! Enjoy this week's mix, listen below or download from here.

Ahmad Jamal - But not for me
Clifford Jordan - Eddie Harris
Horace Silver - The Cape Verdean Blues
Willie Wright - Right on for the darkness
Harold McNair - The Hipster
Jose James - Detroit Love Letter
Minnie Ripperton - When it comes down to it (Scratchandsniffs Extended Re-Rub)
Aloe Blacc - Politician
Brenton Wood - Catch you on the rebound (B.G. Baaregaard summer rework)
Diesler - Back to my old tricks ft. Linda Bloemhard
Gilles Peterson's Havana Cultura Band - Mami (Edgaro el Productor en Jefe Tropicalia Remix)
Gerardo Frisina presents Emily Jones - If Dreams Come True
Quasimode - Take me out ft. China Moses
Zero 7 - Swing

runtime just over an hour.

0 comments: