playjazzloud sessions Melodica DJ Competition

Hey folks regular service will resume next week as I'll have time to drop a mix on Sunday. In the meantime here's a mix I did a couple nights ago for a DJ competition running over at MixCloud that supports the Chris Coco night happening at the Stop Making Sense Music Festival.

I love the type of music on the Medolica show so this was a perfect competition to knock out a quick mix for. This was the first set I came up with and I was thinking it was just going to be a warm up as I figured out what tracks to include in 30 mins and well it's not perfect but then it's spontaneous and it works (for me at least). So here it is. Enjoy. Every play and favorite counts towards winning so there'll be no download until after the competition closes.

PJL Intro
Miguel Atwood Ferguson & Carlos Nino "Antiquity" (D'Wala Edit)
Nora Jones "Salida del Sol"
Sebastien Tellier "La Ritournelle"
Radiohead "Separator"
I:Cube "Faling"
Amp Dog Knight "I'm doing fine"
Seiji ft. Q-Tip "Loose Tips"
Mavis ft. Candi Staton "Revolution" (DarkStarr remix)
PJL Outro

runtime just over 30 mins

0 comments: