playjazzloud sessions vol 75 [99% Jazz]

I actually had a different mix ready to go out for this week but I kinda had a big binge on jazz this week courtesy of iTunes shuffle and felt like I needed to share a 99% jazz vibe sessions. It's been a while. Enjoy spiritual jazz, vocal jazz, pop jazz, hiphop jazz and some hippie jazz too! Three newish tracks I dropped you need to do some work to find out more about. First one is from new vocalist (at least to me) Michelle Shaprow with some fun loving vibes, then new Stones Throw Records band The Stepkids who will be big and finally a new youtub mashup track from Kutiman who grabs sound & video samples from youtube and recreates a brand new song of out the elements, who need to check the original youtube clip. Essential. Enjoy and until next week.

PJL Intro
Michelle Shaprow - Back down to Earth
The Stepkids - Shadows on behalf
Miguel Atwood-Ferguson - Untitled/Fantastic (Georgia Anne Muldrow Remix)
Kutiman - My Favorite Color
Pharaoh Sanders - Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt
Awakening - Prologue
Hastings Street Jazz Experience - Ja-mil
Mary Lou Williams - The Surrey with the fringe on top
Wolfgang Dauner Quintet - Take off your clothes to feel the setting sun
Daniel Janin & Nancy Holloway - Sand and rain
SoonEmc - Elucider ce mystere
Unknown
Sahib Shihab - Dijar
Sara Mitra - I will stay with you
Neil Conway Trio - Pinball countdown
Mark Murphy - Why and how
The Deirdre Wilson Tabac - I can't keep from cryin' sometimes
Roy Hargrove and the RH Factor - Crazy race
Lylit - Ironical
Mike-L - Sing that
PJL Outro

0 comments: