It's a new year and there's that brand new impetus to get regular with the postings and the podcasts (well technically they're just mixes). So to that end here's post #2. It started out as left overs from my 2007 rewind mix but after the first two tracks I realised there was something wrong with Scratch Live on my Mac and it wasn't going to play any mp3s for me that night so I turned around and dug through the boxes of records in the basement that are in transit to a new shelving system and aside from dusting off the Cleo Laine and Esther Phillips tracks I hit the mid-late 90s box of French house music. Score.
The likes of Bob Sinclar, Etienne de Crecy, Julien Jabre and St. Germain were some of the many producers coming out from France at the time that were the soundtrack to my life. Versatile Records, Yellow Productions, Cassius Records, F Communications, and many others brought an exciting French sound to house music and paved the way for super groups like Daft Punk and Air to reach the mass audience they deserved.
Now once i got started on this mini memory trip I ran across some DJ Krush and some Carleen Anderson who were both big music back then and they still sound amazingly fresh today.
Click here to download to your computer or use flash player above to listen right now!
1. The Cannonball Adderley Quintet "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy"
2. Jimi Tenor "Sunrise"
3. Cleo Laine "Please don't talk about me when I'm gone"
4. Esther Philips "Home is where the hatred is"
5. Roisin Murphy "If we're in love" (Herbert's lovers remix)
6. Henrik Schwarz "Leave my head alone brain" (Mix 1)
7. Etienne de Crecy "Prix Choc"
8. Bob Sinclar "Lonely in LA"
9. Julien Jabre "Sun is back"
10. St. Germain "Montego Bay Spleen"
11. TY "The Tale"
12. DJ Krush "Ruff Neck Jam"
13. Carleen Anderson "True Spirit" (Domino Mix)
14. The Blackbyrds "Walking in Rhythm"